Peel back foil to expose tater tots...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

exploring

So I rode this morning intending to take some streets I haven't taken before. I started with E Palomar (round trip between Heritage and Med Ctr) then took my usual route on Olympic Pky. However, when I reached La Media, I took it south toward Olympian High School. La Media ends at the street which leads up to Olympian. At the south end of La Media I saw the undeveloped grass/brush areas that were recently "mowed" (if that's the term). It was nice to see the open space.

I decided not to ride up to the HS, so I took La Media back to Birch. I took Birch to Eastlake Pky, then Eastlake Pky south until it ends and continues to Hunte Pky. I then took Hunte Pky to Olympic Pky. I passed the "High Tech High" school and saw more open areas that were undeveloped. I then returned home via my usual route on Olympic Pky. The ride this morning took me 1 hr 42 min and was just about 20 miles.

I was debating on whether I should try the 125 from Birch to 905. I think I'll drive it first to see if I'll be OK on it.

2 Comments:

  • It's about an 8 mile round trip on the 125. The hill is big and long. If it is windy out I definately would not do it. You cross this long bridge and the crosswinds can be pretty bad when it is windy out. You are only about 5-10 feet from the traffic, so it can be un-nerving when it's windy.

    But if you want to test yourself, it's quite beautiful and peaceful as long as there are no trucks.

    If you think about it I can show you it on my computer (data from the Garmin) this weekend to give you an idea of what you would be looking at.

    By Blogger Thor, at 23 May, 2009 00:58  

  • Oh but I forgot to also mention it totally kicks ass!!! I usually get up to 40MPH going down the hill southbound. It's actually more like a huge drop and then a long slog back up. Then the reverse going North.

    I might have a chance to ride with you this week if your up for it.

    I've had people tell me I give a good draft...

    By Blogger Thor, at 23 May, 2009 01:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home