Peel back foil to expose tater tots...

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Getting exercise via MTB

So I mentioned to a friend/neighbor yesterday morning that I was going to go biking. She said she'd love to join me so she rode her mountain bike to my house. I figured it wouldn't be quite fair to use my road bike, so I used my mountain bike.

I told her I usually do about 10 mi but she said she'd like to do 15 mi. OK then.
We started with my normal Olympic route, but instead of tackling the Paseo Ranchero hill, we added miles by heading west on E. Palomar, then north on Medical Center Dr, west on Telegraph, north on Paseo Del Rey, and finally east on E. H st.

I took my pace down a notch or two but was pretty impressed with the way she kept pedalling up the inclines. I had to wait for her a couple of times at the top of the hill, but she still kept going. Unfortunately, her bike chain slipped a few times which caused her to stop briefly.

It was a nice change of pace for a ride. I think I may now need to invest in a pair of bike shorts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home